DJIA27024.80
LIVE237.44(0.89%)
NDX7942.85
LIVE100.52(1.28%)

Pentagon Releases New Pictures Accusing Iran of Attacking 2 Oil Tankers


Tuesday, 18 June 2019 18:40 WIB

Global


c_740_198_16777215_00_images_assets_Graph_Attacking-2-Oil-Tankers.png

The U.S. Defense Department has released new photographs it says are more proof that Iran attacked two foreign oil tankers in the Gulf of Oman last week.

The pictures show what the United States says are Iranian Revolutionary Guard forces taking an unexploded mine off the side of the Japanese-owned Kokuka Courageous tanker. Another shot shows where the mine had been attached.

Other pictures show a large hole in the Courageous that the Pentagon says was likely caused by another mine.

Iran has not reacted to the new pictures, but has denied involvement in the tanker attacks, calling the claims "ridiculous" and "dangerous."

Monday afternoon, Acting U.S. Defense Secretary Patrick Shanahan announced the deployment of about 1,000 more troops to the Middle East for what he said were"defensive purposes."

Source : VOA


RELATED NEWS

  • New legislation likely to be introduced next month in Russia's Duma, or lower chamber of parliament, would see tighter restrictions on the internet and on computers, tablets and other devices used to ...

POPULAR NEWS

DISCLAIMER

Seluruh materi atau konten yang tersaji di dalam website ini hanya bersifat informatif saja, dan tidak dimaksudkan sebagai pegangan serta keputusan dalam investasi atau jenis transaksi lainnya. Kami tidak bertanggung jawab atas segala akibat yang timbul dari penyajian konten tersebut. Semua pihak yang mengunjungi website ini harus membaca Terms of Service (Syarat dan Ketentuan Layanan) terlebih dahulu dan dihimbau untuk melakukan analisis secara independen serta memperoleh saran dari para ahli dibidangnya.