DJIA26071.72
LIVE53.91(0.21%)
NDX6834.33
LIVE22.95(0.34%)

Detained US Basketball Players Returning Home from China


Wednesday, 15 November 2017 04:50 WIB

TrumpUSA


c_740_198_16777215_00_images_assets_Global3_694940094001_5646130026001_5646127682001-vs.jpg

Three American college basketball players detained in China on shoplifting charges are on their way home, after President Donald Trump asked his Chinese counterpart to personally intervene in the case.

Trump brought up the matter of the UCLA players in talks with Xi Jinping during his visit to Beijing last week.

"He was terrific, and they're working on it right now. And hopefully everything is going to work out," Trump told reporters Tuesday after leaving the Philippines, at the end of of his five-nation tour of Asia "What they (the players) did was unfortunate. You know, you’re talking about very long prison sentences. They (the Chinese) do not play games.”

The players, LiAngelo Ball, Cody Riley and Jalen Hill, were questioned for allegedly stealing sunglasses from a Louis Vuitton store in Hangzhou. They were released on bail last week, but had been told to remain in Hangzhou until the legal process was completed.

The team returned home, without Ball, Riley and Hill.

A U.S. official quoted by the Washington Post said White House Chief of Staff John Kelly has been in touch with the families of the players. The official indicated the charges against the players have been reduced and that the case is proceeding toward a resolution.

Source: Marketwatch


RELATED NEWS

  • CEO Amazon.com, Jeff Bezos, kini orang terkaya di dunia dengan kekayaan senilai 105,1 miliar dolar, menurut Bloomberg. Kekayaan Bezos meroket seiring dengan pasar saham yang melaju ke angka rekor dal...
  • Sedikitnya 52 orang tewas dalam kebakaran yang terjadi di sebuah bus di wilayah Aqtobe, Kazakhstan, kata pihak berwenang. Para pejabat mengatakan bus tersebut, dengan 57 penumpang, terbakar pada Kami...
  • Penjaga pantai Italia menyelamatkan sekitar 1.400 migran dari perahu-perahu motor yang penuh sesak di lepas pantai Libya hari Selasa (16/1). Dua mayat juga ditemukan dari perahu-perahu motor tersebut...

POPULAR NEWS

DISCLAIMER

Seluruh materi atau konten yang tersaji di dalam website ini hanya bersifat informatif saja, dan tidak dimaksudkan sebagai pegangan serta keputusan dalam investasi atau jenis transaksi lainnya. Kami tidak bertanggung jawab atas segala akibat yang timbul dari penyajian konten tersebut. Semua pihak yang mengunjungi website ini harus membaca Terms of Service (Syarat dan Ketentuan Layanan) terlebih dahulu dan dihimbau untuk melakukan analisis secara independen serta memperoleh saran dari para ahli dibidangnya.